Fuel injection / carburettor
All UAS-engines can be provided with either carburettor or alternatively with electronic fuel injection system. Following benefits result from this:
- Fuel consumption can be reduced due to more exact consideration of operating parameters.
- Electronically controlled pump pressure.
- Cold start functions for engines.
- Automatic controller adjusts the fuel mixture.
- PC can monitor all engine data.
- Actuation of the servomotors and injection, the analysis, sensor signals (analogue and digital), general and manual diagnostic functions, and system updates can be controlled via the CAN bus.
Ensuring that the petrol supply system functions independently of position is particularly important when using piston engines in aircraft to be able to call upon the engine’s full power during movements about the longitudinal or transverse axis.